Epson Sensing System Sensors
- The ROS drivers are intended for evaluation of the Epson IMUs on a ROS1 (or ROS2) system.
- There are different Epson 6DOF IMU models with various sensing ranges that can be evaluated in a ROS based system.
- These are performance-oriented products with a combination of low power consumption and small size.
- G3xx models are intended for board-level integration using a SPI or UART interface
- G552PR models are intended for remote cabled mounting in harsh environments exposed to moisture or dust connected using an RS422 UART interface
For more detailed product info & specifications please refer to Epson Sensing System
- These ROS drivers are available for download from
- The ROS drivers are maintained to support the following Epson products:
- G370PDF / G370PDS / G370PDG / G370PDT
- G330PDG / G366PDG
- G365PDC / G365PDF
- The ROS drivers have been tested on the following host platforms:
- Intel PCs running Ubuntu 20.x, or 22.x
- Raspberry Pi 2, 3+, 4 running Ubuntu Mate 20.x, 22.x
- The latest driver package supports either serial interface connection to the Epson device (previous driver for UART or SPI were separate)
- The use of one ROS driver package supports either SPI or UART
- For G552PRx build the driver package selecting the UART interface
- The ROS system must have a RS422 I/O compatible UART interface (UART protocol over RS422 Physical Layer) for connecting to the G552PRx IMU
How to Use This Software
- Click on the link below for the relevant combination of ROS version and serial interface type:
For technical support or related issues using this ROS software, please email email@example.com